SchemePunks, Home of the New Alternate Scheme Standard
On 29 August 2007, the Revised Revised Revised Revised Revised Revised Report on Scheme was ratified by the Steering Committee. This has made a lot of people quite angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move.
Many programmers believe that it was created by some sort of community process, though the Jatravartid people of Viltvodle VI believe that the entire Standard was in fact sneezed out of the nose of a being called the Great Green Arkleseizure. This theory is not widely accepted outside Viltvodle VI, and so, standards being the puzzling documents that they are, other standards are being designed. And this wiki, which is called SchemePunks, is definitely not part of the Scheme Underground, even if it is, which it isn't.
Which is very odd, because without that fairly simple piece of knowledge, nothing that is written on here could possibly make the slightest bit of sense. We hope to develop an alternative specification for the Family of Programming Languages known as Scheme. Watch this space.
 Important Important Security Notice
We've been getting quite a bit of WikiSpam lately and it appears to be necessary to tighten the security screws. The main change is that pages can only be created from accounts that are members of the 'junta' group. Only a few of the SchemePunks accounts were found to be spamming, so most accounts have been added to the group. For more details please review the Junta mailing list (linked below) archives. And if you want to join the 'junta' user group on the wiki you can notify us through the mailing list as well.
 Important Pages
- Charter for the site and the new alternate Scheme standard.
- Scheme Standards, pointers to the existing standards.
- nuScheme, a Conservative Improvement.
- ERR5RS: A proposal for an Extended R5RS Scheme, William Clinger's proposal for a R5RS extended with some suitably modified things from the R6RS.
- Notes On Process. About the processes our efforts will be using.
 Getting started
- The Junta mailing list for discussion of technical issues with this specification and its implementation
- email@example.com: Jabber Group Chat for general real-time communications; logged.
- Consult the User's Guide for information on using the wiki software.
- Configuration settings list
- MediaWiki FAQ